WEvolution is a movement of people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their aspirations for a better life for themselves, their families and communities. Bringing people together in its Self-Reliant Groups (SRGs), WEvolution promotes a way of working alongside communities that is based on trust, self-governance and collective endeavour towards entrepreneurship.
WEvolution’s SRGs are the first of their kind in the UK.
SRGs are small groups of 5 to 10 women who develop strong bonds of trust and friendship, save small amounts of money together, learn skills and support each other to create income-generating opportunities for themselves.
Our Core Purpose
People are valuable, resourceful, surprising and can inspire change. Collectively, they can empower each other to challenge systems that limit their potential and create opportunities for themselves and in the long term, for their families and communities.
To work alongside people’s aspirations in Scotland’s least understood communities to grow their confidence, skills and income. We do this by enabling people to come together in Self-Reliant Groups that inspire enterprise, pride and change.
- We believe in the collective power of the group;
- We believe in equality and hold every single person to be valuable;
- We believe in people’s ability to change their circumstances;
- We believe in working alongside local people as equal partners;
- We believe in innovation and optimism as pathways to inspire enterprise and change.